Skip to main content

History of Youtube

Youtube was founded on February 14, 2005 by Chad Hurley, Steve Chen and Jawed Karim. The three paypal employees first came up with the idea after realizing that there wasn’t one location where you could share videos, and it wasn’t until the Janet Jackson Super Bowl and the December tsunami that they finally decided to create Youtube. In 2005 the three received a start up fund of $11.5 Million from Sequoia Capital. The first ever video that was created was named “Me at the Zoo'' and it was uploaded by Karim and it currently has 86 million views. After the site eventually blew up Google bought Youtube for $1.65 Billion, they also allowed Youtube to remain independently operated. Nowadays you can watch a plethora of different videos on Youtube like: gaming, news, music and the ever popular vloggers. When the site first kicked off the most popular ‘Youtubers’ were gaming channels from the likes of Markiplier, SkyDoesMinecraft and Pewdiepie; nowadays the most popular channels are vloggers or story time Youtubers like: Logan Paul, David Dobrik and CaseyNeistat. When the age of video game Youtubers fell a lot of the original users of Youtube became very upset that it got harder for video game Youtubers to make videos because of the Youtube laws, so to try and help these users they created Youtube Gaming in 2015 which also introduced their live streaming service Youtube Live which was meant to rival Twitch, unfortunately Youtube Gaming failed. As well in 2015 Youtube created a way for Youtubers to create more idealistic and imaginative projects with Youtube Red; Youtube Red came out to minimal success with some shows still going on today. Most recently with the resurgence of live streaming Youtube once again had a chance to rival the titan that is Twitch; in 2015 Youtube paid famous Twitch streamer CourageJD to stream exclusively on Youtube. Nowadays more than 1 billion videos are viewed a day on Youtube, it has created a culture for every generation. Image result for youtube

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Post

If I had to estimate the amount of time I spend looking at a screen I think most people older than me would be sick and maybe some of my fellows peers may think of it as too much but, I've grown up with technology as I have matured the technology that we use has become more refined; many people say that we need to live in the now and not spend so much time online but that isn't the case for me because without technology I wouldn't be the person I am today. Now I know that the internet has it's downsides especially the stories of cyberbullying , I know that it is a real problem the a lot of people suffer from but for my story the internet actually helped me. You see if I were to describe the type of relationship that I have with the internet I would have to say it's that friend that no matter what happens they will always be there for you; I say this because my younger school life kinda sucked I was always bouncing around from friend group to friend group because

Privacy, Online and Off

For this blog post I thought I would discuss my experience with companies handling my online information and what my thoughts about it are. Like many of my generation my entire life is online, and if that is good or bad is a whole different story but like so many I have an email, I have a twitter, I have an Instagram and I also give my information away to a ton of game development companies because I spend almost all of my free time either playing games or watching them. Thankfully for all my years I have yet to have a problem with my information being leaked or misused by another company which is pretty lucky because gaming companies have security breaches all the time. For instance when I was younger I used to play on Sony's console Playstation but during my third or so year in elementary school I switched to Microsoft's Xbox 360 because all of my friends had it, this was very fortunate for me because a couple years later in 2011 Sony was hacked and 77 million Playstat

VR

On March 23rd, 2020 Half Life: Alyx released on steam for VR so as every review is praising this game for the innovative take on VR I  thought that for week 12s blog post, since we are discussing VR I thought that I would take about VR since it’s still pretty new and only getting better. In 2010 the first innovative VR headset was created and it was called the Oculus , since it was so new there weren't many games out for it and the games that were, weren’t too exciting. Then recently we have seen more VR headsets and games; with these new headsets and games more developers found ways to make VR not only easier for the player to use but also more complex in the stories and gameplay. I personally don’t have a VR headset though I have seen many people play VR games like the ever so popular Beat Saber. I think that VR became a really popular item when it first came out because many people love video games and this was just the newest way to experience them, it was fresh. I honestly